Kaba Ilco Corporation, located in Rocky Mount, NC, is the world's premier manufacturer of the most extensive line of quality key blanks, and distributor of automotive key fobs, key cutting machines and vehicle key programmersavailable on the market today. Millions of keys are produced in our state-of-the-art ISO Certified manufacturing facility each week.
We have an immediate need for a talented CAD Designer. This CAD DesignerCreates and documents Key, Cylinder, and Key Machine part and tooling designs with direction of the Engineer as needed by utilizing 2D Autocad and 3D SolidWorks design software. Supports Manufacturing and Engineering Teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generates/details/designs key blank parts, efficient stock layouts, blanking die designs, mill profiles, gages, embossing dies, key head injection molds and miscellaneous tooling required for key blank production
- Creates cut and carries blanking die designs (2D)
- Creates Key Machine and Cylinder drawings at the direction of the Engineer
- Performs numerical control graphical programming for wire EDM & 3D, 3 Axis machining
- Interacts with Tool Makers to optimize tool building process, with production operators to implement new tooling and improve existing tooling and with marketing personnel to define product specifications
- Generates engineering changes and document release and complete notifications to designees
- Populates key tooling sheets in AX system to identify specific tooling required for production
- Distributes, e-mails, and files drawings and documentation as needed per ECN process
- Creates special tooling and fixtures designs from Engineer's sketches or verbal direction with minimal supervision
- Creates solid models (3D SolidWorks)and machine assembly models (3D)
- Consults with engineers to discuss and interpret design concepts, and determines requirements of detailed working drawings
- Locates files relating to specified design project in database library
- Coordinates with others to determine whether drawings can be executed efficiently and within expected tolerances
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition in accordance with 5S protocol and follows prescribed standard procedures and safety regulations
- Reports to work regularly and punctually as working schedule required
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervision
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree in in mechanical design/drafting
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience
- CAM programming experience for Machining and EDM, Feature CAM or other
- 1 year of experience in mechanical design/drafting preferred
Kaba Ilco offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, disability, 401(k), and paid vacation.
Kaba Ilco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V