LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
Benefits and More
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision packages available within 30 days
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Promotion opportunities
- Continuing Educatio
- Responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures, that are applicable to hospice and Medicare / Medicaid issues when applicable on a daily basis.
- Ensures that hospice employs qualified individuals (for all staff members) and accepts responsibility for daily agency operations.
- Immediately available (or has Alternate Designee) to be on-site during business hours or immediately available by telephone when off-site conducting agency business, available after hours as needed.
- Directs the day-to-day operations of the agency and acts as the driver for the Care Management Process. The Executive Director or designee RN, such as a Patient Care Manager, will receive daily report on patients from staff. This process also includes review of patient care paperwork, referral information, recertification processes, discharge information, and event reporting, etc. on a daily basis.
- Acts as liaison between staff, patients and Hospice Management Team & Governing Board on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place. Ensures that all services are billed as provided and supervises staff regarding billing issues on a daily basis.
- Ensures adequate staffing through recruitment for agency as well as adequate staff education and evaluations on daily or as needed basis.
- Reviews monthly financials relative to all aspects of the operation to assure that quality patient care is delivered in the most cost-effective manner.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting, and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart
audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up. Patient/family complaints require immediate follow-up. Conducted on a daily basis.
- Supervises all patient care activities to assure compliance with current standards of accepted nursing and medical practice and regulatory standards on a constant basis.
- Assists the agency in the implementation of a supply/drug formulary to ensure that services are utilized in the most cost effective manner on a daily basis. Review medications purchased to ensure relevant hospice relation on a daily basis.
- Maintains personnel files monthly, completes required courses through LHC Connect and attends in-services when applicable.
- Functions as a preceptor to new hires as needed basis.
- Acts as Emergency Coordinator during emergencies ensuring appropriate plan execution.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Must be a licensed physician, licensed registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, or licensed social worker or college graduate with a Bachelor's degree with at least three years of documented experience in discipline/field of study with at least one year of full time experience in a hospice, home health, or oncology setting.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.