Southwest Medical part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E - visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
If you enjoy an autonomous role and spending more time with your patients please bring your clinical knowledge and experience to a home based direct care nursing position! Southwest Medical Home Health a home health division of OptumCare / United Health Group offers flexible shifts and the opportunity to make a difference in the care of patients in their home setting.
*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates Only*
Organize and provide home care services including medication administration, education and wound care among other responsibilities
Coordinate with the RN supervisor to assure the client driven plan of care strives to meet positive outcomes through on going evaluation using evidences based practice
Responsible for making certain the home care provided is compliant with state and federal regulations (documentation and delivered) through participation in chart review and following established process
Assure that services provided are efficient and of value, meeting the expectations of quality healthcare delivery within operations goals of the division, Southwest Medical Home Health and UnitedHealth Group
Majority of job duties are carried out in patients' homes and driving throughout the community
On call, weekends and rotating holidays as needed
Shifts can include weekdays, weekends or combination of both
Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
your life's best work.(sm)
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- 1+ years experience in community health, critical care, oncology, HIV / AIDS, advanced illness or medical / surgical patient care setting
- Must be willing to travel within Las Vegas providing direct patient care in the home setting
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to perform these functions on a regular basis, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, twisting and reaching
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance. .
- Home health experience
- Knowledge and competent with IV drug administration, blood draws, wound care and use of wound vac
- Bilingual Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. OptumCare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. OptumCare, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Case Manager, Home Health, Home Care, Wound care, Hospice, Hospital, Community Health, Oasis, Medical Surgical, Acute Care, Critical Care, Oncology, Southwest Medical, UHC, UHG, Hospital, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada