Printpack, a leading manufacturer of flexible packaging products, is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an Intern position in the Materials Management Department at the Jackson, TN facility and reporting to the Materials Manager. This position will learn and support the various areas of operation performed by the Materials team in preparation for movement into the next open position on the MM team.
The candidate chosen for this position will work roughly 30-40 hours per week from 8am - 4pm Monday - Friday. If candidate chosen is currently in school, hours can be adjusted to accommodate class schedule or other school commitments. Relocation after graduation is available.
Key Responsibilities: (long term development expectations)
Learn and work with Materials Management (MM) team to:
- Review material specifications and raw material requirements for each order for completeness and accuracy.
- Demonstrate effective interactive skills to support production and scheduling activities related to customer needs/requirements, supplier commitments, and plant/divisional/corporate goals.
- Analyze and process all order changes.
- Collaborate with other Printpack divisions/plants to work off aged and unallocated materials.
- Provide timely and accurate proofing of supplier acknowledgements against purchase order and updating supplier production information within the JDE system.
- Manage the plant's level of investment in Raw Materials and monitor the effectiveness of the investment by focusing on reducing days on hand and aged / obsolescence Allocate and/or purchase raw material substrates to meet order requirements as needed.
- Closely monitor the plant's MRP report / system to ensure all short term and longer term raw material requirements are covered.
- Work closely with all Raw Material suppliers regarding what material is needed and when.
- Coordinate the receipt of all Raw Materials and verify the availability of Raw Material substrates to meet the daily production schedule requirements. coordinate the receipt of all Raw Materials and verify the availability of Raw Material substrates to meet the daily production schedule requirements.
- Develop skills to back up Plant Scheduler on an as needed basis.
- Be able to support Shipping and Receiving as needed with processing shipments and necessary documentation, receiving of material, cycle counts, and other support functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate internally and externally.
- Employ effective organizational skills
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft applications.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An Associates' or Bachelors' degree.
- 1-2 years work experience - preferably in Materials or Shipping/Receiving
EOE F/M/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disabled/Vet
Printpack is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment. Embracing diversity not only enhances our work culture - it is vital to our success. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, genetic information, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, military or veteran status or affiliation, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To view your rights and government notices, please see the links below:
EEO - EEO (Spanish) - EEO Supplement - EEO Supplement (Spanish) - - USERRA Rights - FMLA - FMLA (Spanish) - Pay Transparency - Polygraph Protection - -
Printpack is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your application for employment or job search, please contact us by sending an email to . Please include in your email a brief description of the accommodation you are requesting and the position for which you are interested in applying.