The Superintendent is responsible for full-cycle oversight of property rehab and turnover efforts including project scoping, project budgeting, project budget compliance, project change order management, project coordination, and project quality control. The Superintendent is responsible for managing third-party contractors as well as internal Maintenance Technicians to ensure timely and on-budget project delivery. Superintendents also interface with residents when performing pre move-out inspections (PMOI), move-out inspections (MOI) and new resident orientations (RO) for each project.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Create scopes and budgets for all home rehab and turn projects to ensure that each property is transitioned (or returned) to a lease-ready condition as quickly and cost-effectively as possible in accordance with the company's fit and finish standards
* Execute on approved rehab and turn scopes by managing general contractors/vendors to ensure on-time and on-budget projects
* Observe and ensure job site safety during project management visits
* Document and submit change orders for approval, ensuring necessity of scope, cost-effectiveness, and proper completion of approved work
* Based on direction and guidance provided by Portfolio Directors, Regional RTM Directors and Regional Rehab & Turn Managers, identify costs that should be attributed to Residents as part of the company's deposit reconciliation process
* Perform Pre Move-Out Inspections (PMOI) with residents to ensure that the residents understand expectations of home condition upon move-out
* Conduct Resident Orientations (RO) for new residents near the time of move-in to introduce them to their new home, help set resident responsibility expectations, teach them how their mechanical systems work and educate them regarding the Invitation Homes' ProCare program
* Document the entire rehab and/or turn process with "before" and "after" photos
* Manage the quality control review and punch list process for all home rehab and turn projects
* Work in conjunction with Regional management and leadership to assist with vendor management
* Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma
* Minimum five years of single family/residential and/or multifamily construction experience
* Residential remodeling, construction and maintenance experience
Required Licenses or Certifications
* Current driver's license and automobile insurance
* Must have extensive knowledge of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating and planning
* General knowledge of plumbing, electrical, mechanical and HVAC
* Proven record in preparing residential properties to rent ready status
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people
* Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
* Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to set, manage and consistently meet goals and deadlines
* Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated and able to multi-task
* Ability to create and manage a budget
* Ability to work in a fast- paced, ever changing environment; must be adaptable and flexible
* Working knowledge of iPad, computer skills, Outlook, Microsoft Word Excel, and Salesforce
* Experience managing people and contractors to execute work; ability to manage and direct the work of others
* Ability to negotiate a contract
* Ability to drive an automobile
* Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed dress code policy
* Must be available and reachable at all times via phone or email, except during approved time off
* Must be available to be at work on a regular and consistent basis and flexibility to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages
* Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays if needed
* Must have reliable vehicle transportation to conduct reviews at any home with associates as scheduled
* Extensive travel within assigned portfolio required
Physical and Mental Demands
* This position will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers.
* The position may also entail light lifting of supplies and materials occasionally, up to and including 100 pounds in addition to reaching, stooping, standing, and walking.
* This position requires the ability to talk, hear, compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate and communicate.
* The ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision and under stressful situation may be necessary.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Standard office working environment that may be busy and noisy at times. Standard construction environment that may present hazards. Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights and moving mechanical parts or machines. Occasional exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions). Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.