The Access Your Future parts internship will allow this person to gain understanding of the skills necessary to advance into a parts role within RDO Equipment Co. They will learn RDO Equipment Co. processes and procedures used throughout the organization including an understanding of the Parts, Service, Sales, and Management departments. The Access Your Future Parts Internship will serve as a part-time position during college. While in school, students are expected to maintain a GPA of 3.0 and complete any required internships. This person will develop the knowledge and skills necessary to advance into a parts role within RDO Equipment Co. After successful completion of the internship and college graduation, management can offer full time employment and the student can transition into a Parts Specialist role. Specific Duties Include:
- This position will rotate through temporary assignments in the dealership in order to obtain a complete picture of day-to-day duties and responsibilities of all departments and the importance of teamwork within our dealerships.
- Day-to-day duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing a variety of customer service, marketing, promoting, advertising, and stocking duties related to the parts sales, receiving and delivery of parts and accessories that contribute to the efficient, safe and profitable operation of the parts department.
- Perform any other special duties as requested by field management or other department personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers by properly identifying needed items, using electronic parts catalogs and other available resources. They will merchandise, invoice and make any necessary entries to the inventory control system based on company guidelines.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate a willingness and interest to participate in our Customer Engagement Experience philosophy, and continually display passion around the principals outlined.
- Follow all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Attend required company meetings and participate in constructive discussion.
- Participate in any and all appropriate training.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
As an EOE/AA employer, RDO Equipment Co. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.