Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. The Print Services and Solutions Manager (Transition) will be responsible for managing a team of PMs as well as Transition Managers. A typical team size is 15. Customer interfacing will also be a key component requiring individuals within this role to typically speak with customers on a weekly basis. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management. Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility. Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to a Senior Manager or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Creative thinking and growth mindset required to drive business and process enhancement
- Manages the resource pool of Transition and Transformation.
- Managers, including staffing to meet the demand, and have alternative sources of ready resources for peak periods.
- Financial management for Transition/Transformation activities, including setting budgets and approving forecasts.
- Selecting and assigning Project Managers for each of the Business and Technical Towers excluding HR, Finance, and Governance.
- Escalating major Transition/Transformation issues to the higher.
- Management with recommendations on how to address.
- Establishing and ensuring that appropriate transition and transformation processes are maintained (including reporting, project management, quality, etc.).
- Transition/Transformation project are captured and fed into Knowledge Management program.
- Managing, or supporting Transition/Transformation Managers in execution or Transition/Transformation activities.
Education and Experience Required:
- 7+ years experience in the IT Outsourcing, Services, or Support.
- 10+ years of Business Management experience
- In-depth knowledge of transition and transformation.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Info Technology/Services, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent combination education or experience).
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, foreign and multi-cultural environments, Country, Regional or Global Level.
- Demonstrated success working effectively under short timeframes and significant pressure.
- Ability to work up to Director, CIO/CEO level in customer organizations.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- In-depth knowledge of HP Managed Services Delivery practices, process and tools.
- Basic knowledge of ITIL or ITSM.
- PMI Certification.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage risk during Transition and Transformation.
- Knowledge of corporate., public, and legal policies as applicable for Outsourcing programs.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to lead and coordinate teams, often virtual.
- Influencing ability among stakeholders.
- Cultural sensitivity as works across multiple geographies.
- Ability to negotiate within workgroups, customers and HP management.
HP Inc. is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.