Company Name: Roundy'sPosition Summary:
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide professional pharmacy services including filling prescriptions and counseling patients under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist on duty and in compliance with professional standards and applicable regulations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes governing the practice of pharmacy; adhere to all state/federal guidelines regarding annual licensing and dispensing drugs restrictions; follow all company, store and department
- Interpret physicians' prescriptions; enter prescription and patient data into computer system; check for drug interactions/allergies.
- Prepare labels and dispense medications for patients in accordance with physicians' prescriptions following government regulations related to dispensing of drugs and narcotics; maintain required dispensing records.
- Under licensed pharmacist supervision, counsel patients over the phone and in person regarding possible side effects of medications, proper administration of medications, potential drug/food or drug/drug interactions and ensure patient's understanding of medication treatment program.
- Consult with the prescribing physician on matters affecting appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Utilize pharmacy and point of sale systems for dispensing, charging, and crediting medications.
- Follow approved efficiency/accuracy procedures when filling prescriptions.
- Deliver prescriptions to patients' homes or other facilities.
- Administer immunizations under defined protocols.
- Advocate/support clinical initiatives (e.g., Medication Therapy Management (MTM), adherence programs and other quantifiable initiatives aimed at improving patient outcomes).
- Assist pharmacists with training and continuing education of pharmacy clerks and technicians.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, regularly using close vision, depth perception and adjusting eye focus, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools or controls, talk and hear; frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch; occasionally sit, reach with hands and arms and lift/move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Current enrollment in or graduation from a Pharm D. program at an accredited college or university
- Certificates, licenses and registrations vary according to state law; graduate student must have graduated pharmacy school and be awaiting licensure
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board License
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Roundy's: At Roundy's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Milwaukee || 250 West Holt Avenue || 53207 || Roundy's || [[mfield2]] || Pharmacy || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || Pharmacy Board License