Koppers is looking for an intern to join us for the fall semester!
The job of Accounting Intern was established for the purposes of providing support to various corporate accounting personnel with specific responsibility for the processing, recording, updating and reconciling financial information in compliance with established policies; and providing recommendations and/or accounting support to other personnel.
Assist various corporate accounting personnel for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for operation, including:
- prepare journal entries
- complete general ledger operations
- monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- draw up monthly financial reports
- prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- assist with SEC reporting
- administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- assist with payroll administration
- account/bank reconciliations
- assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.