Locations Job Description Summary
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The incumbent will work as a member of the biology group that is responsible for biocompatibility testing on medical devices and materials. Testing is performed in a corporate lab that performs biocompatibility and chemical testing as required by FDA for medical devices and/or therapeutics and in compliance with ISO 10993.
RESPONSIBILITIES and CAPABILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Experience in GLP and ISO 10993 testing guidelines for medical devices.
- Well-versed in both in vitro testing methods.
- Ability to perform sample preparation and test article extraction.
- Experience in recording raw data according to GLP documentation requirements.
- Proficiency in writing protocols, reviewing data, and preparing technical reports after standard testing for medical devices.
- Expertise in data interpretation, data analysis and technical report writing.
- Preparation of test reagents and solutions.
- Maintenance of a safe laboratory environment
Education: A B.S. degree in biology or a related field
Experience: At least 1-3 years biocompatibility work experience or equivalent biology experience, preferably including work in a GLP or GMP environment
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Must be able to multitask and operate effectively within a diverse work environment
- Must be team-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Primary Work LocationUSA NC - Research Triangle Park