This position will work within the existing technical publication teams to support process improvement and automation through development and modification of scripts using Python and Perl programming languages.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Requires one (1) year of general editorial experience which requires proficiency in punctuation, spelling, and English grammar and rules. Requires two (2) years of specialized experience in editing military manuals and specifications. Requires experience with computer applications as they are used in automated publishing and information retrieval.
Knowledge and working experience with the following is required:
- Perl or Python programming languages
- XML and XPATH
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
Knowledge and experience with the following is preferred:
- Technical publication experience in particular to NAVAIR standards
- Writing, editing, or quality assurance of technical documentation experience
- Military experience
- PTC Arbortext and MS Word
- Specifications S1000D, MIL-STD-3001, MIL-DTL-81927, and MIL-STD-38784
Must be an US Citizen
Havelock, North Carolina, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.