Pkg Machine Operator (10:15pm-6:30am)
Pkg Machine Operator (10:15pm-6:30am) (18701)
The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of snack packaging machinery.
Essential Job Duties
- Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
- Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by monitoring codes, dates and prices.
- Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all packaging materials are available for each machine.
- Adjusts machine micro logic set-up as needed to maintain an efficient and low waste operation.
- Understands and demonstrates the necessary skills involved to efficiently operate packaging equipment in so far as, but not limited to, machine setups, changeovers, proper running, procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup, and shutdown.
- Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently changing from one product item to another.
- Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut off of film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as required.
- Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
- Monitors and checks weights and product appearance as required.
- Properly accounts for product run off and handles this product accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product
- Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes packaging machines off and blows down area when required to do so.
- Immediately reports any maintenance problems to Maintenance Mechanic or Supervisor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction; removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- May provide leadership and direction to packers.
- May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator, or other technical/skilled position.
- If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Candidate must be comfortable communicating to team members and management staff.
- Candidate will be trained and must be able to perform all job functions within the department at any given time.
- Prerequisite: Complete training and any applicable examinations.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Where applicable, Forklift Certification obtained.
Minimal travel may be required.