Area Customer Service Coordinator
OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
This position will be responsible for backing up all plant administrative activities across the area of responsibility.This will include maintaining detailed documentation of plant administrator procedures specific for each location within the area, providing backup administrative resource for any scheduled or unscheduled absences, providing guidance and mentoring to less skilled plant administrators, participation in the development and implementation of a best practice for plant administrators and ensuring that locations comply with established internal control policies and procedures for the region. Assist location management or regional management in special project research as required.
Education, Experience, Skills Required
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred 2-4 years prior experience in a customer service role, preferably in an aggregate setting.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Effective oral and written communication.
- Customer Service
- Organizational Skills with focus on prioritization of workload
- Detailed oriented; self motivated; dependable; timely and reliable.
Must have the ability to use computerized equipment and technology.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, Oracle Business Environment and other software packages relevant to the position.
- Backs-up Customer Service Coordinator's in areas of responsibility.
- Maintain cash fund accurately and report any discrepancies.
- Operates the truck scales and generates correct tickets for the customers.
- Greets customers in a professional and polite manner.
- Maintains the office in a neat and professional manner.
- Clearly communicates with customers to bill transactions correctly.
- Handles cash sales by collecting cash, checks or credit card transactions.
- Listens to customer issues and or complaints and works to resolve them through communication with the sales/dispatch department.
- Answers phones and handles office duties/projects as requested.
- Weighs and records incoming materials such as gasoline, diesel fuel, explosives, scrap sales, etc.
- Prepares scales for daily use; works with Plant Admin Support Supervisors to troubleshoot and repair issues.
Directs customers to piles and instructs load out personnel of customer needs.
Other duties as may be assigned.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.