- Responsible for supporting process development activities for cell culture and microbial production processes that can be transferred to manufacturing or external client.
- Shake flask study set-up using design provided by a scientist.
- Bioreactor preparation, autoclaving, media hold, inoculation.
- Media, feed, buffer preparation and filtering.
- Harvest of mammalian and microbial bioreactors.
- 3L and 15L bioreactor sampling, data entry, and some data analysis; 200L bioreactor set-up, sampling, data entry, and some data analysis.
- Excel data entry and plotting.
- Bioreactor troubleshooting; equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ordering and stocking raw materials and consumables.
- Associates or B.S. degree in biotechnology or related area (or equivalent training) with 2+ years experience, or MS and up to O+ years experience. Senior PD Associate requires degree as described and 5+ years experience (or MS and 2+ years experience) .
- Skilled in Excel data entry and plotting.
- Experience with cell culture/fermentation process development preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to meet strict client deadlines.
- Flexibility of hours to support cell culture and fermentation processes.
KBI Biopharma, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or Vietnam veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply.