Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is a global, diversified technology company, with over 12,000 employees focused on creating instruments for the chemical analysis, life sciences, and diagnostics industries. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security. In the Wilmington site Agilent manufactures Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry instruments for the chemical analysis market. We are located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia; just a 45 minute drive south from Philadelphia.
The successful candidate will be a member of a highly skilled Advanced Manufacturing team working on Agilent's industry leading Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer(GC/MS) instruments. The team's activities focus on improving existing processes and products, on developing manufacturing processes to introduce new products to market quickly, and on improving overall product quality. The internship will contribute in the following areas:
* New technology research and application
* Manufacturing process development and optimization
* Digital solutions/automation
* Dashboarding and Analytics
* Data management
* Process Documentation and data analysis
* Programming skills required in some of the following languages: C-Family (C, C++, Java, C#), HTML, Visual B Basic.
* Ability to communicate needs, plans and achievements at all levels of a corporate organization.
* Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet commitments.
* Ability to simultaneously participate in multiple issues as they arise in a manufacturing environment.
* Willingness to work in a hands-on environment.
* Drive to take on new challenges and learn from the experience of coworkers.
* Experience planning and completing tasks on schedule.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.